Welcome to the Bitten by Books Release party for ON THE EDGE. I just received the author copies and it’s a real book. I guess I don’t think it’s real until I can hold the finished copy.
::pets book::: Iz my preciouss. Shiiiiiny.
There is a funny story attached to the creation of this book. I’d written the opening a long time ago almost two years, but I never did anything with it. So, I’d just finished Kate 3 and it left me emotionally drained. (Kate books are tough to write. Everything has to be just so.) I didn’t want to start another Kate manuscript right away, so I started playing around with the opening and I thought, “Hmm… I wonder if there is enough of this to make it into a novella… I could release it as a freebie on the blog.”
So I’d written it out and ran it by Jeaniene Frost. A few minutes later a message from BFF Jeaniene popped into my mail box. I opened it. The first sentence read, “I’m going to kill you…”
Apparently Jeaniene had formed a rather strong opinion that this manuscript should be a novel and she wasn’t subtle about expressing it. I honestly thought she was deeply mistaken and there was no way to make a novel out of it, but I had nothing to lose at that point, so I sat down and chugged forward. A two books contract, a Publisher’s Weekly Starred Review and 4 1/2 Romantic Times Top Pick later, I’m willing to say it.
You were right.
So with that startling admission in mind (I don’t admit being wrong that often), let’s party and I hope you’ll enjoy reading the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Learn more about Ilona Andrews here:
Read reviews of the author’s work here.
CONTEST: PLEASE NOTE THE NEW CONTEST EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO BELOW. There are also revisions to the rules for this contest, please read them all carefully. Also, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries.
Readers, here’s how to enter the contest. You can do just ONE or ALL of these things, and each thing you do will give you additional entries at a chance to WIN. REMEMBER you have Until 10/4/09 at 11:59 pm PDT to do the different things that YOU choose to do. Contest is open to readers in the US/Canada. EVERYTHING is tracked and confirmed by our Prize Goddess. Remember to follow the instructions for each way to enter very closely. 🙂
She is also giving away an amazing Sony Digital Reader Touch Edition – PRS600BC (valued at $300.00) to ONE lucky reader!
From Barnes & Noble:
Click here to purchase titles from the complete list at Barnes & Noble.
Good for 300 entries per book you purchase by using the links above.
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble search banner on the right hand side of the site or this link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. You can also use the Amazon search box or this link HERE to shop as well. Good for 100 entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase. Not valid on past purchases.
It is NOT mandatory to purchase anything to enter the contests, there are plenty of other ways to enter and win. Just email us a copy of your purchase receipt to bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Sorry no faxes or snail mail copies.
2. In order to be entered into this contest the ONE thing you ALL have to do is ask Ilona a question or leave a comment. It can be ANY question you like. No questions = no entries! You can come by through 10/4/09 and ask Ilona your questions. Good for 10 entries. (max 2 questions that count towards entries)
3. Spread the word! Use this banner direct link to the event: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=11236 on twitter, at another blog, website, Myspace, Ning Group, Facebook, Yahoo Group, Goodreads, Shelfari (any group where it is appropriate). You MUST come back here to this interview and post those links in one response here in this thread so we can verify your entries. Good for 100 entries per place you post the event link.
NOTE: if you post multiple links here, your post will not show up right away. If you don’t see it, don’t keep posting it, we WILL approve your entry later on in the day.
4. Be friends with Ilona by joining her here:
Add her website, blog and Live Journal to your site or blog roll
Good for 100 entries per place you add her. Remember to give us the link to where you added her and send your verification emails to: bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
5. Make Email us a copy of your purchase receipt to bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Sorry no faxes or snail mail copies. Good for 100 entries.
6. Make a short creative, meaningful or silly Youtube video (max 5 minutes) about why you love Ilona’s work. Sony Digital Reader Touch Edition – PRS600BCand why you feel you deserve to win a
7. Read the reviews of Ilona’s work here:
And leave your thoughts and comments about the book/review etc. Good for 25 entries per review.
8. Use the SHARE This button at the bottom of this post to digg, stumble and share this on your social networks and new ones you have never tried before! Good for 50 entries.
9. Be friends with Bitten by Books here:
SUBSCRIBE to the Bitten by Books newsletter by clicking here or use the box on the top right hand side of the site. Be sure you VERIFY your subscription, an email is sent with the verification link. Unverified subscribers will not be entered and will be deleted from the mailing list. If you are already a subscriber, just let us know and you will get entries too.
Good Reads: http://www.goodreads.com/bitten_by_books
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BittenbyBooks be SURE to tweet us after you follow so we can count your entry! @BittenbyBooks
Add Bitten by Books to your blog roll or links page: http://bittenbybooks.com if you leave our link up permanently you will always be entered into our contests automatically. Just be sure to stop by each contest we hold and leave the link to where it is so we can give you your entry! Email us a copies of ALL of your verification emails to bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Good for 150 entries each place you add us.
10. Twitter and ask your friends to re-tweet the URL for this event be SURE to include us in your tweet @BittenbyBooks http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=11236. Good for 10 entries each day you tweet it. Come back here and post your tweet’s URL so we can verify it. Max 1 tweet per day counts for entries.
11. Email ALL of your friends and invite them to come by this week! If your fiends come and post here and say you sent them, they get FOUR entries and you get EIGHT entries! They have to tell us who you are so we know who to give the entries to. You can invite as many people as you want and get all the extra entries! COPY us on the email at: bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces) so we can count your entries. We do not use or sell email addresses in ANY way.
IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
GENERAL CONTEST INFORMATION:
The contest ends on 10/4/09 at 11:59 pm PDT and the winners will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize will come directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have THREE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers worldwide. The prizes are shipped directly from the author.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry