I would like to welcome all of those who are new to Bitten by Books and thank you for joining us today with the fabulous Jim Butcher! Jim has generously given up a portion of his extremely busy day to be with us here again to answer your questions. The event takes place right here below the post in the COMMENTS section.
To see Jim’s answers to your questions comments, you will need to refresh this page often and watch for his answers in them comment section. They will be marked like this: ANSWERS FROM – JIM BUTCHER
Just leave your comment/question and Jim will try to answer as many as he can as time allows. Please try and keep book spoilers to a minimum as not everybody has read all of Jim’s work. Thank you!!
SIDE NOTE: Jim Butcher Fans can join other fans in a lively discussion throughout the day in our chatroom located in the toolbar at the bottom of this page or by going to this page: http://bit.ly/aWgMqd Jim will NOT be in this chatroom, it is a fan discussion room only.
“On a night like any other, Chicago’s only professional wizard private detective, Harry Dresden, answers the phone to hear not a client—but his old flame, and now vampire, Susan Rodriguez. And she has news for him.
Harry he has a daughter he has never known…and the girl has been kidnapped.
Long ago, when Susan was Harry’s lover, she was attacked by the vampiric Red Court, transforming her into half-vampire. Susan thought she could fight both her savage gift and those who cursed her with it, and years ago disappeared to South America, leaving Harry for the sake of his own humanity.
Now Arianna Ortega, Duchess of the Red Court of vampires, blames Harry for the death of her husband—and she wants vengeance. Discovering that Harry is the true father of Susan’s child, Arianna will stop at nothing to avenge Harry through killing his long-lost daughter. With the White Council of Wizards and the Red Court in a state of détente, Harry finds himself working alone, supported only by resources inadequate to challenge the forces of the entire vampire Court. In the past, there has always been a line Harry was never willing to cross, and though dark powers tempted him time and again, he never gave in. But then, only his own life had been at stake before. How far will he go, and what bargains will he make, to bring home the child he never knew he had?”
About Jim Butcher
A martial arts enthusiast whose résumé includes a long list of skills rendered obsolete at least two hundred years ago, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher turned to writing as a career because anything else probably would have driven him insane. He lives in Independence, Missouri, with his wife, his son, and a ferocious guard dog. You can visit his website at: http://www.Jim-Butcher.com
•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆
Learn more about Jim Butcher here:
Read reviews of the author’s work here.
•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆
CONTEST: Jim’s publisher is giving away 10 unsigned copies of Changes! Open to readers with US/Canadian addresses.
To Enter PLEASE
LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, none of your entries will count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
1. Join the Bitten by Books Newsletter at the top right hand side of the site or use this link:
2. Ask Jim a question, please make sure they aren’t duplicates. Good for 10 entries. (Max 5 good towards entries)
3. Purchase copies of Jim’s ’s NEW book Changes
From Barnes & Noble:
Good for 300 entries per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases.
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. You can also use the Amazon link HERE to shop as well. Good for 100 entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase. Not valid on past purchases.
4. Spread the word about this event and invite everybody you know by using the new Share Buttons below at the bottom of the post to tell your friends about this contest and come back and tell us where you shared. This is the live link to the event: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=22804 if you don’t know how to use either of those functions. Good for 50 entries per place you post the event link.
While you are here today, please join us at today’s book chat here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=22781 and RSVP for the Carolyn Crane Guest Blog http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=22776 and last but not least, vote in this week’s poll here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=22773 good for 25 entries per.
Be sure to check out these other fun events for next week: http://bittenbybooks.com/?page_id=4.
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
The contest ends on 4/15/10 at 11:59 pm Central and the winners will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the authors. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have FIVE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA/Canada except where noted. The prizes are shipped directly from the author unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry