PLEASE NOTE: The contest portion of this event is now over. The winners will be chosen at a later date and contacted via email.
Thanks Bitten by Books for hosting my online release party!
Okay…so I have a BRAND NEW paranormal romance series starting called Living in Eden. The first book, The Demon in Me, is out May 4th (tomorrow!!!). I’m telling everyone that it’s a fun, romantic look at demonic possession. My hero, Darrak, has to possess my heroine Eden’s body (thus the series title: Living in Eden, get it?). While it’s light and humorous in parts, it has a darker side to it too, since I love mixing light and dark. Remember Buffy? How that show could have you laughing one minute and crying the next? THIS IS MY GOAL.
Why demons, you might ask? Good question. For some reason or another I’ve been getting A LOT of demon and angel ideas for the last couple of years. I guess I’m kind of fascinated by the whole good vs. evil thing and demons and angels are one of the best (if not THE best) metaphor for that. Only it wouldn’t be very interesting (to me) to have demons always being the bad guys and angels always being the good guys. So my demon, while definitely demonic and proud of it, is more of a shades of gray kind of guy. And he’s also the funniest hero I’ve written to date. Normally the humor comes mainly from my heroines (like Sarah Dearly in my Immortality Bites series), but this time they equally share the quips and humorous observations. In any case, it was a hell of a lot of fun (pun intended) to write this book and the second book about Darrak and Eden, Something Wicked, that comes out in October.
So The Demon in Me is about the ultimate bad boy demon with a sense of humor who falls for the woman he has to possess. The only woman who can help him break his curse that keeps him bound to a human body (although with Eden he’s able to take form during the day — kind of helpful!). I really hope readers connect with these new characters and have as much fun with them as I did writing them.
Okay, here’s my questions if you’d like to answer a couple: Who’s your favorite hero in a romance novel or urban fantasy, an angel or a demon? And who’s your favorite demon from entertainment, books, TV, movies, etc? Why do you like best about him or her?
•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆
Learn more about Michelle Rowen below:
•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆
CONTEST: Open to readers worldwide as long as they an accept us versions of gift cards from these fine companies.
A first prize of a $50 an online gift card for Amazon.com, BarnesAndNoble.com, or Borders.com.
A second prize of a $25 online gift card for Amazon.com, BarnesAndNoble.com, or Borders.com.
To Enter PLEASE
LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, none of your entries will count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest. Contest open to readers WORLDWIDE.
1. Join the Bitten by Books Newsletter at the top right hand side of the site or use this link:
2. Answer Michelle’s question above and ask her some questions, please make sure they aren’t duplicates. Good for 10 entries. (Max 5 good towards entries)
3. Purchase copies of Michelle’s NEW book The Demon in Me
From Barnes & Noble
Good for 300 entries per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases.
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. You can also use the Amazon link HERE to shop as well. Good for 100 entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase. Not valid on past purchases.
4. Spread the word about this event and invite everybody you know by using the new Share Buttons below at the bottom of the post to tell your friends about this contest and come back and tell us where you shared. This is the live link to the event: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=23615 if you don’t know how to use either of those functions. Good for 50 entries per place you post the event link.
While you are here today, please join us at our weekly book chat here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=23609 and enter the Rachel Caine Nook contest here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=23395 and enter the M.J. Rose Kindle/Nook Contest here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=23517 good for 25 entries per each one you do.
Be sure to check out these other fun events for next week: http://bittenbybooks.com/?page_id=4. That’s it!
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
The contest ends on 5/4/10 at 11:59 pm Central and the winners will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the authors. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have FIVE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are shipped directly from the publisher unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry