The contest portion of the Marjorie M. Liu event is now closed. Winners will be chosen at a later date and contacted via email.
It’s so hard to believe that In the Dark of Dreams is finally being released! When I first started dreaming up this story, I couldn’t shake the image in my head of a girl and boy meeting on a beach. Except the girl was human, and the boy was…not. A mer-boy, a child of the sea.
From there, the rest of the novel unfolded. Separated for many years, the girl and boy grow up living vastly different lives — but linked, always, through their dreams. Dreams that help them endure hardship and tragedy, until finally they find one another again.
In the Dark of Dreams is part fairy-tale, part thriller, and all romance. I hope you enjoy it, and I appreciate you stopping by to celebrate its release.
Questions for the readers:
What mythical creature would you most like to meet, and why?
If you could breathe underwater, what would you do with that gift?
What’s the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
Learn more about Marjorie M. Liu below:
Read reviews of this authors work here
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marjorie-M-Liu-Fans/144162892295586
CONTEST INFO: Open to Readers WORLDWIDE!
Prize: $100.00 Electronic Amazon Gift Card
The Contest Entry rules have changed so read them carefully
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR COUNTRY in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, your entries will NOT count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Answer her questions and ask some questions please make sure they aren’t duplicates. Good for 5 + points per question. (Max 4 good towards 20 points)
3. Order copies of her newly released book In the Dark of Dreams by using the links below.
To purchase a print copy of In the Dark of Dreams from Amazon click here.
To purchase a print copy of In the Dark of Dreams from Barnes & Noble click here.
Books in the Dirk & Steele series in the order they should be read:
The Red Heart of Jade
Eye of Heaven
The Last Twilight
The Wild Road
The Fire King
In the Dark of Dreams
Good for 150 + points per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases.
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. You can also use the Amazon link HERE to shop as well. Good for 100 + entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase. Not valid on past purchases.
4. Do Something to HELP OUT Marjorie !
Make an actual blog POST on your BLOG and invite your readers to this event. Be sure to use this live link to link back to this event:
http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=33611 and this cover of the book. Come back and tell us where you shared. This REALLY Helps the author spread the word about their new book, so give a hand and help them out by talking about it on your blog!!! + 125 points
5. Twitter this phrase exactly: PzRT: Author @marjoriemliu Release Party /Chat/Contest LIVE: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=33611 #BBBEternalFlame $100- #amazon Gift Card
10+ Entries per tweet (max 5 DON’T tweet them all at the same time, spread them out throughout the day or they won’t count)
6. Attend and Participate in Lisa Desrochers event here today: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=33635
RSVP for and Attend Christina Henry’s event tomorrow here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=33559
RSVP for and Attend Cynthia Eden’s event tomorrow here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=33558
+ 25 points for each of these
7. Check out the awesome new Vampire Academy Jewelry Line here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=30605 buy something http://cadsawan.com/collection-buy.shtml Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases. Good for + 100 points BONUS for 11/29 ONLY! CYBER MONDAY USE this discount code BFS25BBB you get 25% off your entire order!
8. Other fun stuff to do while you are here today! +5 Points for each of these you do
Attend and comment at the Weekly Book Chat
Attend and comment at the Weekly Poll
Attend and comment at the Screen Bites
9. Tally Your own points total 1 + Point
Also be SURE to check out our amazing line up of other author events this month here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?page_id=4
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
The contest ends on 11/30/10 at 11:59 pm Central and the winner will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND COUNTRY as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have FIVE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are shipped directly from the publisher unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry