Here to answer your burning questions about life, the universe and everything—rogue mage and hero of Street Magic, Jack Winter.
Jack was generous enough to answer a few questions for this blog, and he’s ready to pop in and field queries from the general public—while his author gives away some fabulous prizes.
Here we go…
Jack, I see you have calluses from playing the guitar. What was the first song you learned to play?
That’d be “Yesterday”. Most likely, I was trying to impress a girl with what a sensitive bloke I could be. Don’t think it worked, because I ended up in a loud and abusive punk band playing an electric rather than sitting under a tree attracting a host of nubile fans.
Jack steps up to the bar and orders, what?
Newcastle Brown Ale with a whisky chaser. And yes, it’s “whisky”, not “whiskey”. I won’t argue with you heathens across the ocean.
Jack, what’s the best pub in London? Please don’t tell me any of those dark & dingy old man pubs either.
I live in the Mile End Road, so I consider my local to be the White Hart near the Whitechapel tube.
Jack how does using magic make you feel? Is there a rush or a gradual seduction to it’s use?
It’s a high like no other. It can make you feel alive or as if you’re dying. There’s no way to describe it unless you have a talent, except to say it’s the best ride you’ll ever take.
Jack – boxers or briefs? Or neither?
Well, you’re saucy, aren’t you? I guess you’ll just have to come and find out.
Readers feel free to ask Jack any questions you like!
Readers, learn more about Caitlin Kittredge here:
Read the Bitten by Books reviews of the author’s work here.
To visit the author’s website go here.
To visit the author’s blog go here.
CONTEST: Readers, here’s how to enter the contest. You can do just ONE or ALL of these things, and each one will give you additional entries at a chance to WIN. Caitlin will be giving away 2 AWESOME prizes! A signed copy of Street Magic and a bound and signed copy of an original, unpublished Black London short story. The contest portion of the event will run until 11:59 pm PDT 6/6/09 and is open to readers worldwide! PLEASE NOTE THE NEW CONTEST EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO BELOW. Also please state WHICH CONTEST you are entering when you send your verification emails.
1. The easiest way to enter is by purchasing copies of Caitlin’s books from Amazon here:
Books in the Nocturne City series in the order they should be read:
Black and White
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble search banner on the right hand side of the site or this link HERE to make your purchase during the contest. Good for 100 entries to the contest for EACH copy you purchase.
It is NOT mandatory to purchase anything to enter the contests, there are plenty of other ways to enter and win. Just email us a copy of your purchase receipt to bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Sorry no faxes or snail mail copies.
2. In order to be entered into this contest the ONE thing you ALL have to do is ask Jack Winter a question. It can be ANY question you like. No questions = no entries! You can come by through TOMORROW 6/6/09 and ask your questions. Good for 10 entries. (max 2 questions that count towards entries)
3. SUBSCRIBE to the Bitten by Books newsletter here on the top right hand side of the site. Be sure you VERIFY your subscription, an email is sent with the verification link. Unverified subscribers will not be entered and will be deleted from the mailing list. If you are already a subscriber, just let us know and you will get entries too. Good for 20 entries.
4. Spread the word, the more places you post the event, the more entries you get. Use this direct link to the event: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=8041 at another blog, website, Myspace, Ning Group, Facebook, Yahoo Group, Goodreads, Shelfari (any group where it is appropriate). You MUST come back here to this interview and post those links in one response here in this thread so we can verify your entries. Good for 50 entries per place you post the event link.
NOTE: if you post multiple links here, your post will not show up right away. If you don’t see it, don’t keep posting it, we WILL approve your entry later on in the day.
5. Be friends with Caitlin by joining her here:
Then send us all the confirmations you receive verifying subscription and friendship to: bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Good for 20 entries per place you friend her.
6. Twitter and ask your friends to re-tweet the URL for this event be SURE to include us in your tweet @BittenbyBooks http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=8041. Good for 10 entries each day you tweet it. Max 1 tweet per day counts for entries.
7. Add Caitlin’s blog and website to your blog roll or links page:http://www.caitlinkittredge.com/blog/index.php and http://www.caitlinkittredge.com/ Good for 10 entries for each place you post the link.
IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
GENERAL CONTEST INFORMATION:
The contest ends on 6/6/09 at 11:59 pm PDT and the winners will be contacted the following week. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have THREE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers worldwide. The prizes are shipped directly from the author.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry