Hey guys – I’m so excited to be kicking off the release of A Sliver of Shadow!
Abby is back, about six months after the events of A Brush of Darkness, trying to settle down into her life as TouchStone to the Protectorate. Not that it’s not filled with its own challenges – between babysitting for Moira’s son or training in the Dreaming with Sonja or living with a certain obnoxious little unicorn, Abby more than has her hands full.
And that’s *before* things go to hell when a spell backfires, cutting the OtherFolk off from the very CrossRoads they depend on.
Of course the usual suspects are tagging along for the ride – you can expect Melanie, Brandon, Charlie and Robert, and yes, Brystion too, but there are some new faces as well –as Abby struggles to do what she must to save her friends, even as she attempts to reconcile her past with her future.
Here’s the back cover blurb:
“War is hell. And war *with* Hell is no fun either.
Just when her new life as a TouchStone – a mortal bound to help OtherFolk cross between Faery and human worlds – seems to be settling down, Abby Sinclair is left in charge when the Protectorate, Moira, leaves for the Faery Court. And when the Protectorate’s away…let’s just say things spiral out of control when a spell on Abby backfires and the Faery Queen declares the Doors between their worlds officially closed.
The results are disastrous for both sides: OtherFolk trapped in the mortal world are beginning to fade, while Faerie is on the brink of war with the daemons of Hell. Along with her brooding eleven prince Talivar and sexy incubus Brystion, Abby ventures to the CrossRoads in an attempt to override the Queen’s magic. But nothing in this beautiful, dangerous realm will compare to the discoveries she’s making about her past, her destiny, and what she will sacrifice for those she loves.”
So there we go – For those of you who have read A Brush of Darkness, I want to hear what sorts of questions you hope get answered in A Sliver of Shadow (I may or may not fully answer depending on how spoilery things get, but I’ll certainly drop a few hints.)
Which characters are you most excited to see back?
If you haven’t read A Brush of Darkness, what’s your favorite mythological creature?
Learn more about Allison Pang below:
To read reviews of this author’s work go here.
http://www.heartofthedreaming.com – Official Author site
http://mynfel.blogspot.com – blog
http://word-whores.blogspot.com – group blog
http://www.twitter.com/allison_pang – twitter
http://www.twitter.com/phintheunicorn – Phin’s twitter page
http://www.facebook.com/apang – facebook
CONTEST INFO: Open to readers in WORLDWIDE!
PRIZE: A $75.00 Electronic Amazon Gift Card
The Contest Entry rules have changed so read them carefully
The CONTEST portion of the event runs TWO DAYS until 11:59 pm Central on 2/29/11. Open to readers in the US unless otherwise noted.
These are the ways you can enter to gain points towards winning the prize offered here today. The only one that is mandatory is #1. The rest are optional. The more you do, the more points you gain, the better your odds at winning the prize. Prizes are chosen using the random.org number generator. Making a purchase is NOT mandatory, it is only one way to gain additional points. There are free ways to get points. Remember to add in your RSVP points if you RSVP’d.
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR COUNTRY in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, your entries will NOT count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Ask the author some questions, please no duplicates. + 1 points PLEASE ASK EACH ONE IN A SEPARATE POST. NOTE: because Patty will only be here for two hours she will only be able to answer so many questions. You are best to limit your questions to 1 or 2. She may not get to answer all questions posted tonight. Thank you for your understanding
3. Spread the word about this contest and HELP OUT Patty by spreading the word about her book!
Tweet this event: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=51414 + 1 Points (max 3 times a day please not all at the same time) include @bittenbybooks in your tweet.
4. Buy a NEW copy of the author’s book by using the links below
Good for 500 + points per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
You can also use the Amazon link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. Good for 100 + entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase. NOTE FREE KINDLE BOOKS DO NOT COUNT as a purchase.
5. Tally your own points total +1 point
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
Winner(s) will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND COUNTRY as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have THREE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to us at the contact email we provide. Failure to contact us will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are almost ALWAYS shipped directly from the publisher/author unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations not Bitten by Books.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry