NOTE: This contest and the comments are closed. We will be announcing a winner no later than June 15th.
REVISED for ease of entry! Come check it out!
Come on sing happy birthday with me…..cause this has got to be the BEST birthday contest ever in the history of…well… anything!
We have a drool worthy contest for you sponsored by Christine and Ethan Rose authors of the young adult (and older adult) book Rowan of the Wood! this contest is a little different than our others, but I think you will rise to the occasion quite nicely! Besides who doesn’t want a FREE Kindle 2? There are so many different ways you can enter this contest it is mind boggling. There is something for everybody. BUT doing these top two things will net you the MOST entries. The contest runs ALL month so you have lots of time! The contest is open to readers worldwide. Please READ the entire post very carefully.
Prizes up for grabs:
Readers, learn more about Christine & Ethan Rose here:
Getting Started: First, watch this informative video about the contest.
HOW TO ENTER THIS CONTEST:
To enter the contest you may want REALLY do either #1 or #2 because they give you the most entries because doing both will give you 300 entries. The ONE thing you HAVE to do is post what YOU would do for a Kindle two below!! OH and you can make as MANY videos as you like or buy as many copies of Rowan as you like.
1.) Send us a video of what you would do for a Kindle 2. The more outrageous, the better. (Keep it clean & kind. This is a family show. [i.e. no bug eating or anything ala fear factor. Ew!]) HAVE FUN WITH IT!
In the video say: “My name is ______ and I’m willing to ________ for a Kindle 2″ — then do that same thing on video!!
*** Upload your video here: iDisk (if there are troubles please immediately. Please do not leave issues in the comments or email BBB. Strangely, it likes to give an error message, but it uploads it anyway. Check back after 30 min to see if it’s uploaded.) OR if you can use an FTP client, upload here: ftp.bluemoosefilms.com :: UN: firstname.lastname@example.org :: PW: kindle2 (Online FTP client: http://www.net2ftp.com)
*** Email me at racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces) with your name and the name of the uploaded video file, including extension. Good for 100 entries
2.) Buy a copy of the remaining 100 copies of the first printing of Rowan of the Wood directly from the authors. Rowan of the Wood is currently SOLD OUT in all trade channels! They’re selling so fast, they can’t keep them in print! The authors have 100 remaining print copies in their own stock. Get your Author signed, first edition, first printing. These are the last available copies of the initial 2000 copy print run. Collectors. Now’s your chance! OR buy the $5.95 e-book copy that you can read right on your computer. Simply use the link below and send the receipt to me. For either print or e-book versions.
**Whether you choose option 1 or 2 (or both), you MUST also comment on this blog post stating what you would do for a Kindle 2.** (no registration necessary) once you have purchased your copy FROM the author, you must email me a copy of your receipt (sorry no faxes or snail mail) to racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces). Good for 100 entries
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES to up your chances of winning the Kindle 2 are listed below.
You can do ONE or ALL of these things, and each one will give you additional entries at a chance to WIN.
Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
3. Buy anything from our new BBB Bloody Cafe Swag Shop here:
http://www.cafepress.com/bittenbybooks through 6/1/09. When you purchase items from our store, we make small commission that helps pay for the site upkeep, shipping books to reviewers, prizes for contests and other associated costs. We are ALL volunteers working to bring the best paranormal fiction review site. Any contribution you make is greatly appreciated! Also, be SURE to sign up for the BBB Bloody Cafe Swag Shop email newsletter on the left hand side of the site, for specials and other announcements. That newsletter is NOT related to the one you receive directly from this site. Your information will never be shared or sold. Good for 30 entries PER item you purchase.
4. Buy ANYTHING from Amazon today THROUGH 6/1/09 by using the Amazon search box on the right hand side of our site. We will know if you used the box to search and buy, so please be sure to use it or your entries won’t count. Send me a copy of the receipt VIA email (sorry no faxes or snail mail) for your purchase to: racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces). Good for 25 entries per item purchased.
5. Read the review of Rowan of the Wood here:
Then leave a meaningful comment IN THE REVIEW post that shows you read the review, not just a post that says “sounds good” or “nice review”, a couple of sentences would be great! Simply share your thoughts, ideas or opinions and show the author some love. Good for 5 entries per review you comment on.
6. Use the SHARE This button at the bottom of this post to digg, stumble and share this on your social networks and new ones you have never tried before!
7. SUBSCRIBE to the Bitten by Books newsletter here on the top right hand side of the site. This is for new subscribers only. Be sure you VERIFY your subscription, an email is sent with the verification link. Unverified subscribers will not be entered and will be deleted from the mailing list. Good for 10 entries.
8. Spread the word, the more places you post the event, the more entries you get. Post the link to the event / contest today (http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=6834) at another blog, website, Myspace, Ning Group, Facebook, Yahoo Group, Goodreads, Shelfari (any group where it is appropriate). You MUST come back here to this interview and post those links in one response here in this thread. Good for 20 entries per place you post the link to this event. Feel free to use this banner or the one on top by saving it to your hard drive and linking it back to the contest.
NOTE: if you post multiple links here, your post will not show up right away. If you don’t see it, don’t keep posting it, we WILL approve your entry later on in the day.
9. Add us as your friend on
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59929467915
Good Reads: http://www.goodreads.com/bitten_by_books
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BittenbyBooks be SURE to tweet us after you follow so we can count your entry! @BittenbyBooks
Be sure to mention that you are friending us for this contest so we know to enter you! Good for 10 entries per place you friend us.
10. Be friends with Christine by joining her here:
Newsletter Sign up on the right hand side of their site: http://www.christineandethanrose.com/
Blog Talk Radio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/christinerose
Good for 10 entries each place you friend her on. Please send the confirmation emails to racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces) for each of these places as proof of friendship and to get your entries.
11. Twitter and ask your friends to re-tweet the URL for this event be SURE to include us in your tweet @BittenbyBooks http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=6834. Good for 10 entries each day you tweet it.
12. Add Christine’s website and blog to your blog roll or links page: http://www.christineandethanrose.com/
http://www.christineandethanrose.com/?page_id=54 Good for 10 entries for each place you post each link.
13. Add Bitten by Books to your blog roll or links page: http://bittenbybooks.com if you leave our link up permanently you will always be entered into our contests automatically. Just be sure to stop by each contest we hold and leave the link to where it is so we can give you your entry! Good for 10 entries.
14. Email ALL of your friends and invite them to come by this week! If your fiends come and post here and say you sent them, they get FOUR entries and you get EIGHT entries! They have to tell us who you are so we know who to give the entries to. You can invite as many people as you want and get all the extra entries!
15. Join the The Blood Bank the Bitten by Books Community! here: http://bittenbybooks.ning.com/ then come back here and tell us your user name. Be sure to post something about yourself on your blog there. Good for 10 entries
GENERAL CONTEST INFORMATION:
The contest ends on 6/1/09 at 11:59 pm PDT and the winners will be contacted the following week. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning.
IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMER
1. If you aren’t interested in receiving the prize, offered please do not enter the contest.
2. You have FIVE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. Christine Rose can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. The author has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers worldwide. The prize is shipped directly from the author.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry
9. The contest may be extended if there is not enough participation