Seasons come and go here at Bitten by Books, and reviewers flow in and out with the tides of their lives. The site has grown again to a point that we need more eyes and hands, so I am opening up a limited amount of reviewer spots to experienced reviewers over the age of 18. These are ALL volunteer positions. We are looking for full time and part time reviewers and other talent. You will be working with our team of seasoned reviewers. Be SURE to read through to the end of this post. Leave any questions you may have in the comments section or email me privately, and feel free to share this with your friends or co-workers who love to read by posting on FB or tweeting it.
The “job” of BBB reviewer includes but is not limited to:
- Being 100% committed to your craft, the site and our readers, authors and publishers
- Being well-read and having an excellent command of written English language
- Reading e-books
- Reading paranormal romance and erotica, urban fantasy, some horror, sci-fi and fantasy as well as mash ups of these genres
- Successfully completing a 90-day probationary period reading EBOOKS only before moving on to the next stage of reviewing
- Volunteering your time for this position in exchange for free books and other perks
- Bringing fresh new ideas to the site
- Being willing to work and grow with us as a long term team member
- Being professional and open to constructive feedback from peers, management and readers
- Accepting special projects and following through with those commitments
- Being honest and upfront about anything to do with the site, or concerns you may have
What being a BBB reviewer is not about:
- Part time commitments and sloppy work
- Inability to follow procedures, rules and protocols set forth by management staff
- Learning the ropes so you can start your own site based on our hard work and trust
- Providing unfair or dishonest reviews
- Being unorganized or inefficient
- Being unprofessional to others, whether by words or action
I am also looking for people who can and will be able to do the following on a regular basis. You have to be somebody who LOVES to do these things. If you don’t please do not apply. I need somebody who is serious about these tasks.
- An experienced vlog reviewer(s)/Columnist – Must be outgoing and have a great online personality/presence
- An audio book reviewer
- A person (s) who is an expert at Word Press who is willing to prep reviews etc. and post to the site - This is a massively boring and tedious job. Just sayin’. But it needs to be done for the greater good of all.
- A genre columnist to keep the readers up to date on all that is going on in the world of PNR and UF
Our team is like a very close-knit family. Being a Bitten by Books reviewer is a tough job that sometimes can be unpleasant. It forces you to push through your prejudices and seek new ways to view the literary world. Despite the volume of work and other things that come along, we have a great time with one another, and we have relationships based on respect and hard work.
We have an application process that outlines most of the rules and regulations for being a part of our team. Only serious reviewers need apply. Please email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words REVIEWER POSITION/OTHER TALENT in the subject line. If you have applied before please let me know, and I will put your information at the top of the list for consideration. I lost a ton of email last year when I went over my storage limit on the email server. SO PLEASE do contact me again!
PLEASE NOTE: If you review for another paranormal fiction review site, review full-time for a non-paranormal site, or have your own review site, please do not apply.