Funnily enough, the last time I was here was to celebrate the end of a series (the release of Blood Eternal, finale of the Awakened by Blood trilogy). Today, I’m celebrating the start of a new one!
Blood Guilt opens the Blood Hunters series, so I had all the thrill of writing something fresh and new… and yet I felt as if I were greeting old friends. Well, that’s because I was. ☺. Although Blood Guilt should be able to stand alone, it does continue the story begun in Awakened by Blood. The new series focuses on the vampire hunters who first appeared as Elizabeth’s friends and mentors in Blood on Silk- brave, strong, dedicated people, sacrificing personal happiness to duty. But I found I couldn’t bear to leave them unhappy and unfulfilled, and it was they who continued telling the story in my head.
So writing Blood Guilt, seeing my familiar world through the eyes of the feisty yet tragic Mihaela, made it seem very different! Unlike Elizabeth, Mihaela’s been fighting the undead all her life. She watched a vampire slaughter her family when she was seven years old. So, now that that the world is changing and vampires are beginning to step out of the shadows, how is she supposed to adjust to the new alliance imposed by her superiors and the vampire overlord Saloman? Worse, how is she meant to deal with her appalling attraction to the mysterious and treacherous vampire Maximilian, who saved her life at the end of Blood Eternal, and whose help she needs in Blood Guilt?
Only one way to find out !☺
You can read excerpts on my website: http://www.marietreanor.com/BloodGuilt.htm#excerpts
The other thing that made me think of old friends while I was writing Blood Guilt, was the setting of the story: Scotland, Hungary and Malta – all countries I’ve visited (or, in the case of Scotland, live in!). So I have a few questions for you:
Have you ever been to these places, and what did you think of them? If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Secondly, where do you imagine the ideal home for a vampire would be?
And thirdly, how do you feel about spin-off series? Are you glad to catch up with old friends? Do you obsess about reading books in order, and so leave the spin-offs until you’ve read the original series? All views and comments welcome ☺.
♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ
Learn more about Marie Treanor here:
Read reviews of the author’s work here.
Yahoo groups: Sexy Delights – http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sexydelights/
♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ
CONTEST INFO: Open to readers WORLDWIDE!
Prize: A $50.00 Electronic Amazon Gift Card
The Contest Entry rules have changed so read them carefully
The CONTEST portion of the event runs TWO DAYS until 11:59 pm Central on 6/27/12.
These are the ways you can enter to gain points towards winning the prize offered here today. The only one that is mandatory is #1. The rest are optional. The more you do, the more points you gain, the better your odds at winning the prize. Prizes are chosen using the random.org number generator. Making a purchase is NOT mandatory, it is only one way to gain additional points. There are free ways to get points. Remember to add in your RSVP points if you RSVP’d.
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR COUNTRY in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, your entries will NOT count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Ask some questions, please no duplicates. Answer the authors questions. + 1 point per question PLEASE ASK EACH ONE IN A SEPARATE POST.
3. Spread the word about this contest and HELP OUT Marie by spreading the word about her book!
Tweet AND Facebook this event: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=54406 + 1 Points (max 3 times a day please not all at the same time) include @bittenbybooks in your tweet.
4. Get a NEW copy of the author’s book by using the link below
Good for 500 + points per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
You can also use the Amazon link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. NOTE FREE KINDLE BOOKS DO NOT COUNT as a purchase. Good for 100 + entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase using the link above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
5. Go here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/53973/bitten-by-books-needs-you/ and do one of the things listed to help support Bitten by Books annual fundraiser. Good for 200 points. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
6. Go here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=54289 and leave a meaningful comment and and join the discussion on this week’s Screen Bites brought you by columnist Carol Malcolm. Good for 5 points.
7. Go here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=54385 and read about what is happening this weekend and come back and tell us what it is. Please leave a comment in the post there as well. Good for 5 points.
8. Tally your own points total +1 point
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
Winner(s) will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND COUNTRY as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have THREE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to us at the contact email we provide. Failure to contact us will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are almost ALWAYS shipped directly from the publisher/author unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations not Bitten by Books.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry.