Welcome to the far future, where space travel is normal, hyper-jumps have made the galaxy smaller and accessible to everyone, beings of all kinds and planets trade and intermingle, and piracy is alive and well. And pretty darned good lookin’, if the pirate in question does say so himself. Which he does. In other words, it’s the world of Alexander Outland: Space Pirate.
Trouble’s brewing out in space, and Alexander Outland — the least likely hero in the galaxy — and his eccentric crew have to save the day, despite the fact they’d prefer to take the money and run.
Alexander Napoleon Outland is the best pilot, and ladies’ man, in the galaxy. But Nap, as his friends call him, is more than that — he’s a schemer with a heart of gold he desperately wants to hide, a soft spot for other people’s cargo and his exotic weapon’s chief, and the unerring ability to find the biggest misfit on any planet or space station and somehow join that person onto his crew.
Nap’s not your classic hero, but that tends to make him the right guy for the job…whatever the job happens to be.
And in Alexander Outland: Space Pirate, that job is a lot bigger than Nap and his crew could ever anticipate.
Long-running cons and conspiracies, space battles, military entanglements, dogs and donkeys, cats and birds, flying cars, intergalactic mobsters, and the worst “underwater” escape ever in the history of bad luck combine to make our reluctant heroes wish they’d chosen to sit this one out.
But you’ll be glad they didn’t. Get Alexander Outland: Space Pirate from Night Shade Books and find out why space really is the funny frontier.
G.J. Koch writes science fiction. Not the hard stuff, though. Because that requires actual scientific knowledge or at least actual scientific research. Knowledge may be power and research may be cool, but they take time away from writing jokes, action, and romance, and being witty in the face of death is what it’s really all about. Check out G.J.’s rollicking Alexander Outland: Space Pirate series from Night Shade Books and reach G.J. at Space…the Funny Frontier (http://www.ginikoch.com/GJKbookstore.htm).
☸ ૐ ☮ ♥ ☼ ♉ ☸ ૐ ☮ ♥ ☼ ♉ ☸ ૐ ☮ ♥ ☼ ♉ ☸ ૐ ☮ ♥ ☼ ♉
Newsletter – sign up for the free Hook Me Up! subscribers email; send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hook Me Up!” in the subject line; get all the new first, access to exclusive contests, and more.
Blog – http://ginikoch.blogspot.com/
Website – http://www.ginikoch.com
Twitter – @GiniKoch
Facebook – facebook.com/Gini.Koch
Facebook Fan Page – Hairspray and Rock ‘n Roll: Kicking Evil Alien Butt since 2010 GINI KOCH (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hairspray-and-Rock-n-Roll-Kicking-Evil-Alien-Butt-since-2010-GINI-KOCH/247377348018
☸ ૐ ☮ ♥ ☼ ♉ ☸ ૐ ☮ ♥ ☼ ♉ ☸ ૐ ☮ ♥ ☼ ♉ ☸ ૐ ☮ ♥ ☼ ♉
CONTEST INFO: Open to readers WORLDWIDE!
Prize: 1 Print copy of Alexander Outland: Space Pirate to a US winner and an Ebook copy of the same to an international winner!
The Contest Entry rules have changed so read them carefully
The CONTEST portion of the event runs TWO DAYS until 11:59 pm Central on 6/12/12.
These are the ways you can enter to gain points towards winning the prize offered here today. The only one that is mandatory is #1. The rest are optional. The more you do, the more points you gain, the better your odds at winning the prize. Prizes are chosen using the random.org number generator. Making a purchase is NOT mandatory, it is only one way to gain additional points. There are free ways to get points. Remember to add in your RSVP points if you RSVP’d.
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR COUNTRY in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, your entries will NOT count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Ask some questions, please no duplicates. + 1 point per question PLEASE ASK EACH ONE IN A SEPARATE POST.
3. Spread the word about this contest and HELP OUT Gini by spreading the word about her book!
Tweet AND Facebook this event: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=53957 + 1 Points (max 3 times a day please not all at the same time) include @bittenbybooks in your tweet.
4. Get a NEW copy of the author’s book by using the links below
Good for 500 + points per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
You can also use the Amazon link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. NOTE ALL OTHER FREE KINDLE BOOKS DO NOT COUNT as a purchase. Good for 100 + entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase using the link above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
5. Go and comment on this week’s screen bites column: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=53784 + 1 point
6. Make a purchase from http://acharmingtime.com (ALL proceeds benefit Bitten by Books to keep it alive and kicking) use coupon code SPRINGCLEANOUT50 for 50% off your order! Good for 200 points per purchase. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
7. Tally your own points total +1 point
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
Winner(s) will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND COUNTRY as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have THREE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to us at the contact email we provide. Failure to contact us will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are almost ALWAYS shipped directly from the publisher/author unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations not Bitten by Books.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry.