Take one part Regency era elegance and grace. Add a huge helping of dangerous Fey magic. Toss in a jilted woman, a magical stone, a shadowy group of conspirators, and a family torn apart by murder and what do you get?
Heir of Danger – The final book in the Heirs Of Kilronan series!
Set in 1816 Ireland, my latest foray into the world of Other, humans bearing the blood of the Fey, leads us to the mysterious head of a conspiracy thought long since
destroyed and the final battle for control over King Arthur’s soul.
Here’s the back cover blurb:
“After seven years outrunning enemies, friends, and his own soul-crushing memories, Brendan Douglas is risking everything on a desperate mission. He has vowed to thwart the evil mage Máelodor’s plans to unlock the past and reshape the future . . . unfortunately the precious treasure that is the key to success lies with a woman he jilted seven years before.
When her golden-eyed childhood hero abandoned her at the altar—disappearing in a storm of magic and mayhem, destruction, betrayal, and disaster—Elisabeth Fitzgerald struggled to overcome her humiliation and loss. Finally, she has found a new fiancé and a comfortable future. Then, the one man she thought she would never see again appears—among her wedding guests. Brendan Douglas has returned.
It’s not just that Elisabeth is promised to another; Brendan knows he is drawing her into terrible danger. But he cannot resist the bewitching, brave, wholly unexpected woman his youthful nemesis has become. He promised to sacrifice everything, but is he willing to sacrifice Elisabeth?”
I’ve always enjoyed bending the rules to create my cross-genre blend of historical and paranormal. And with this series I was able to add Arthurian legend, an Irish landscape, and a cast of characters that include a few surprises for both the reader and the race of Other themselves.
So, I’m raising a glass in celebration of new beginnings and new books and toasting a farewell to good friends and a series I’ve loved writing.
And now I’m tossing the conversational ball to all of you. The holidays are behind us and now there’s nothing but the long empty doldrums of winter ahead—my favorite time of year! It’s quiet, stress-free, and; what’s better than curling up beside a woodstove with a cup of cocoa and a good book?
So, what’s your favorite time of year—the chill of January ski slopes or the sultry heat of beach season? And why?
Mailing list: http://alixrickloff.com/contact.html
CONTEST INFO: Open to readers worldwide!
Prize: A $50.00 electronic gift card to Amazon
The Contest Entry rules have changed so read them carefully
The CONTEST portion of the event runs TWO DAYS until 11:59 pm Central on 1/6/11. Open to readers WORLDWIDE unless otherwise noted.
These are the ways you can enter to gain points towards winning the prize offered here today. The only one that is mandatory is #1. The rest are optional. The more you do, the more points you gain, the better your odds at winning the prize. Prizes are chosen using the random.org number generator. Making a purchase is NOT mandatory, it is only one way to gain additional points. There are free ways to get points. Remember to add in your RSVP points if you RSVP’d.
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR COUNTRY in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, your entries will NOT count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Ask the author some questions, please no duplicates. + 1 points ask as many questions as you like PLEASE ASK EACH ONE IN A SEPARATE POST
answer the author’s questions + one point each
3. Spread the word about this contest and HELP OUT Alix by spreading the word about her book!
Tweet this event: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=49899 + 1 Points (max 3 times a day please not all at the same time) include @bittenbybooks in your tweet.
4. Buy a NEW copy of the author’s book by using the link below
Books in the series in the order they should be read:
Good for 500 + points per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
You can also use the Amazon link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. Good for 100 + entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase. NOTE FREE KINDLE BOOKS DO NOT COUNT as a purchase.
5. VOTE for Bitten by Books in the P&E Best Review Site of the Year! Go here: http://critters.org/predpoll/reviewsite.shtml vote for us then remember to click on the verification link they send you to complete the vote! +10 points.
Comment on this week’s Screen Bites here +1 points: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=49759
6. Tally your own points total +1 point
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
Winner(s) will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND COUNTRY as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have THREE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to us at the contact email we provide. Failure to contact us will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are almost ALWAYS shipped directly from the publisher/author unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations not Bitten by Books.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry