PLEASE NOTE: The contest portion of the Charlaine Harris event is now closed. The winners will be chosen at a later date and contacted via email.
A HUGE Bitten by Books thank you to Charlaine for making time to come and chat with us for a few hours tonight. Before we get started, just a few reminders for our readers to make this go as smoothly as possible with our limited time frame. Charlaine with be will us from 6pm central daylight time and runs until 8pm. But PLEASE stay and chat with us for the after party!
1. This is NOT a live rolling chat room. You leave your question in the comment form below and as time permits Charlaine will answer your questions. This means you will need to refresh your page occasionally to see other questions and answers. However, the site WILL email you when there is a response to your particular question.
2. We have had issues for the last few days with our server going down, we will be monitoring this very closely. If this happens DO NOT give up. We are on it and it will come back up within minutes. Thank you for your patience.
3. PLEASE Limit your questions to ONE per person or two if the situation is totally dire LOL this way everybody has a chance at getting their question answered.
4. NO DUPLICATE questions, have the courtesy to read the questions above yours first. Also ask Charlaine some HARD and interesting questions. And for the love of the GODS don’t ask her about her very personal life.
5. Comcast users have been having a hard time getting to our site for the last month or so. If you know somebody who cannot reach the site for the event, have them use this proxy site to get onto the site: http://kproxy.com and that should give them access without any issues.
6. You must have fun. Anybody caught not having a good time will be escorted from the airport drive immediately. Do not leave your personality left unattended or it will be confiscated and neutralized by airport security.
A few words from Charlaine Harris!
“Dead Reckoning,” the eleventh book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, contains the answers to a lot of questions. How did Sookie get the “gift” of telepathy? Whatever happened to the remainder of the Pelt family? What will happen when Victor tries to push Eric out of Eric’s own territory?
I think this may be the only entry in the chronicles of Sookie Stackhouse that actually answers more questions than it raises. I hope all of you enjoy it, and I’ll be here for two hours to talk about the book and my future plans this evening.
photo © Sigrid Estrada 2010
Learn more about Charlaine Harris below:
Read Reviews of her work here.
To visit the author’s website go here.
To visit the author’s blog go here.
CONTEST INFO: The contest portion of the event runs until 11:59 pm Central on 4/29/11.
1st prize winner will receive a hardcover signed (1st ed) Living Dead in Dallas
2nd and 3rd prize winners will receive signed bookmarks
The Contest Entry rules have changed so read them carefully
This contest lasts for TWO DAYS Ending at 11:59 pm Central on 4/29/11
These are the ways you can enter to gain points towards winning the prize offered here today. The only one that is mandatory is #1. The rest are optional. The more you do, the more points you gain, the better your odds at winning the prize. Prizes are chosen using the random.org number generator. Making a purchase is NOT mandatory, it is only one way to gain additional points. There are free ways to get points. Remember to add in your RSVP points if you RSVP’d.
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR COUNTRY in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, your entries will NOT count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Ask Charlaine ONE question. Please make sure it is NOT a duplicate. Good for 1 + points
3. Order NEW copies of the author’s book Dead Reckoning in any format by using the links below. Note international users the Amazon links should take you to your country’s amazon site for the following. UK, Germany, France, and Canada.
Purchase Dead Reckoning from Amazon
Purchase Dead Reckoning from Barnes & Noble
Good for 500 + points per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. You can also use the Amazon link HERE to shop as well. Good for 100 + entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase.
4. Spread the word about this contest and HELP OUT Charlaine!
Tweet this event: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=41289 + 10 Points (max 3 times a day please not all at the same time) include @bittenbybooks in your tweet.
5. Enter Donna Grant’s KINDLE Contest here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=41063 +5 points
Attend Ami Blackwelders Guest blog and Contest today here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=41271 + 15 points
RSVP and attend the D. B. Reynolds Interview and $50.00 Amazon GC Contest tomorrow here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=41007 + 5 points
6. VOTE on the right hand side of the site and weigh in on this round of the BBB Smackdown on the funniest authors +5 points here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=41270
Attend and comment at the weekly book chat + 5 points here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=41023
Attend and participate in this week’s Off the Fang +5 points here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=40688
Attend and comment at the weekly Screen bites chat + 5 points: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=41035
7. Check out the awesome True Blood Jewelry Line here: when you buy something using this link http://cadsawan.com/collection-buy.shtml Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases. Good for + 200 points
8. Tally Your own points total 1 + Point
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
Winner(s) will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND COUNTRY as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have THREE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to us at the contact email we provide. Failure to contact us will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are almost ALWAYS shipped directly from the publisher/author unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations not Bitten by Books.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry