PLEASE NOTE: The contest portion of the Sunny event is now closed. The winners will be chosen at a later date and contacted via email.
Hi everyone! Welcome to my Release Party/Author Chat hosted here in honor of my new Monère novel, Mona Lisa Eclipsing, coming out next week on April 5th. Also to launch my eSpecial novella of Mona Lisa Three, which will be out in 3 days, on March 31st. Please note that the contest runs from 3/28 – 4/1/11, instead of only being for one day as I mistakenly announced in my newsletter.
The novella, as you can tell from the title, features Mona Lisa’s first unexpected ménage with Gryphon and Amber. You can read the first 2 chapters at http://www.sunnyauthor.com to get a taste
What to write about? I’ll put out some general things about myself and leave it to you to ask me more questions when you post a comment if you want to know something specific, or you can throw in something about yourself.
Favorite book: The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I just luv this book! Cannot say enough about it.
Print or eBook: I used to be a die-hard print reader up until about a year ago. My husband bought me a Kindle but I only read like 8 books on that. Convenient when I traveled: I downloaded something after boarding an airplane, but I don’t travel that often. I did more eReading on my computer because it has a brighter screen. But I just got an iPhone 4, the Verizon model, and now read eBooks mostly off that. It has a small but bright screen, without the computer’s drawback of EMF radiation when I flip the iPhone into Airplane mode, which turns off the Wi-Fi and cellular signal. Sweet, huh?
Favorite food: Japanese – sushi, need I say more? And Thai – addicted to Pad Thai and Thai Ice coffee, which actually gives me palpitations, so the drink is a rare treat for me, like in once a year.
Best friend: My hubby. My main squeeze and main support.
Exercise: Not enough. Bicycle riding when I get the chance.
Car: Looking into buying a 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ with the RS appearance package. Wanted a spiffy small car with snazzy looks but definitely has to have good gas mileage. The Cruze gets 36 highway/24 city, which I’m pretty blown away by. I only get 20 miles per gallon on average on my current car, a Honda CRV. If you guys can recommend anything better, do let me know!
Well, that hits a lot of broad but hopefully interesting areas. Now I’ll turn it over to you.
Questions for Readers:
1. Where is your favorite place to buy books?
2. Which do you prefer, print or eBook?
3. How do you choose new authors to read?
♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ
Bitten by Books Reviews and Events Here.
♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ ♥ ♥ஐ
CONTEST INFO: The contest portion of the event runs until 11:59 pm Central on 4/1/11. Open to readers in the US and Worldwide as noted.
Prize 1: A $100.00 Amazon Gift Card (WORLDWIDE)
Prize 2: ONE lucky reader will win ALL of the following titles (US/Canada only)
ACCIDENTALLY CATTY Dakota Cassidy
MONA LISA ECLIPSING Sunny
BLOOD WYNE Yasmine Galenorn
NIGHTSHADE Michelle Rowen
SIREN’S SURRENDER Devyn Quinn
MASTER OF SMOKE Angela Knight
BLOOD CHALLENGE Eileen Wilks
NEVER AGAIN Michele Bardsley
A WEREWOLF IN MANHATTAN Vicki Lewis Thompson
ON THE HUNT Gena Showalter, Shannon Butcher, Jessica Andersen, Deirdre Knight
The Contest Entry rules have changed so read them carefully
This contest lasts for FIVE DAYS Ending on 11:59 pm Central on 4/1/11
Check back for new ways to get more points tomorrow and each day this week!
These are the ways you can enter to gain points towards winning the prize offered here today. The only one that is mandatory is #1. The rest are optional. The more you do, the more points you gain, the better your odds at winning the prize. Prizes are chosen using the random.org number generator. Making a purchase is NOT mandatory, it is only one way to gain additional points. There are free ways to get points. Remember to add in your RSVP points if you RSVP’d.
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR COUNTRY in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, your entries will NOT count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Answer the author’s questions and ask some. Please make sure they are NOT duplicates. Good for 5 + points per question. (Max 4 good towards 20 points)
3. Order NEW copies of the author’s book in any format Mona Lisa Eclipsing OR Mona Lisa Three by using the links below. Note international users the Amazon links should take you to your country’s amazon site for the following. UK, Germany, France, and Canada.
From Amazon click here
From Barnes & Noble click here already ON sale!
From Amazon click here
Good for 500 + points per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces).
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. You can also use the Amazon link HERE to shop as well. Good for 100 + entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase.
4. NEW ! Attend Molly Harper’s Guest Blog and Big Book Contest Today here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=39412 + 10 points
NEW! RSVP for Marie Treanor’s Release Party and $100.00 Amazon Gift Card Contest here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=39408 +10 points
Tweet this event: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=39215+ 10 Points (max 5 times a day please not all at the same time) include @bittenbybooks in your tweet.
Enter Chris Golden’s Interview and Book Contest +10 points
Enter Sonya Bateman’s Release Party and $70.00 Amazon Gift Card Contest +10 points
Attend and comment at the weekly book chat + 5 points here: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=39157
Attend and comment at the weekly Screen bites chat + 5 points: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=39163
Comment on the Off the Fang Column here + 5 points: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=39190
Vote on the right hand side of the site and comment at the weekly Poll here + 5 points: http://www.bittenbybooks.com/?p=39202
6. Check out the awesome True Blood Jewelry Line here: when you buy something using this link http://cadsawan.com/collection-buy.shtml Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases. Good for + 200 points
7. Tally Your own points total 1 + Point
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
Winner(s) will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND COUNTRY as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have THREE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to us at the contact email we provide. Failure to contact us will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are almost ALWAYS shipped directly from the publisher/author unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations not Bitten by Books.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry