***NOTE: This contest is now closed, the winners will be announced later today in this post. Comments will be closed while I pull winners. Thank you to everybody who participated it was great fun! Be sure to stay tuned for more awesome author/ publisher giveaways coming up!
Seasons greetings one and all! Whether or not you celebrate the holidays, it is our sincere wish that you each have a bountiful blessing filled winter and new year. Thank you to every one of you who reads our blog each day and send us emails of support and encouragement. You are the blood that keeps the site running, and pushes us to be better and find more ways to serve you. We are truly grateful to you all.
As one of the final fun site contests of the year, we are excited to offer up FIFTEEN ARC’s (advanced reading copies) of At Grave’s End (Night Huntress, Book 3) by the amazingly talented author Jeaniene Frost!! For the remainder of this week you can enter everyday to win one of these copies for your very own. The book itself is scheduled to come out at the end of December. Since these will be shipped to you directly from the publisher, the contest is only open to US and Canadian residents.
Readers, here’s how to enter the contest. You can do ONE or ALL of these things, and each one will give an additional entries at a chance to win. One lucky participant will be chosen to win an ARC copy of At Grave’s End (Night Huntress, Book 3).
1. Leave a comment telling us who your favorite character is in the Night Huntress series, AND your favorite SCENE and the book the scene is from. Good for 5 entries.
2. SUBSCRIBE to the Bitten by Books newsletter here on the right hand side of the site. This is for new subscribers only. Be sure you VERIFY your subscription, an email is sent with the verification link. Unverified subscribers will not be entered and will be deleted from the mailing list. Good for 10 entries.
3. Go to Jeaniene Frost’s website here: http://www.jeanienefrost.com/ and subscribe to her Yahoo Newsletter. Then email me the welcome confirmation that you joined to racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces). Good for 10 entries.
4. Read the Bitten by Books reviews of Jeaniene’s books here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?page_id=58&book_author_id=Jeaniene%20Frost
Then leave a meaningful comment IN THE REVIEW post that shows you read the review, not just a post that says “sounds good” or “nice review”, a couple of sentences would be great! Simply share your thoughts, ideas or opinions and show the author some love. Good for 5 entries per review.
5. Post the link to this contest (http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=3064) at your blog, another blog, website, Myspace, Ning Group, Facebook, Good Reads, Yahoo Groups or any group where it is appropriate. But you MUST come back here to THIS contest thread and post ALL of those links in one response. The more places you post the event, the more entries you get, so spread the word! NOTE: If you post multiple links here, your post will not show up right away. If you don’t see it, don’t keep posting it, we WILL approve your entry later on in the day. Good for 10 entries for EVERY link you post.
6. Using the links we have provided below, purchase copies of ANY of Jeaniene’s awesome books TODAY through December 20th at 11:59 pm PST and send us a copy of the receipt(s) via email (sorry no faxes or snail mail) for your purchase to: racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces). Good for TWENTY entries for each book you purchase.
7. Using the Amazon search box to your right hand side on our site, buy ANYTHING from Amazon today through December 20th at 11:59 pm PST. Send us a copy of the receipt(s) via email (sorry no faxes or snail mail) for your purchase to: racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases. Good for 10 entries per item you purchase.
8. Add us as your friend on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bittenbybooks
Add us as your friend on Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614064436
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BittenbyBooks
Valid for NEW friends only. Please do not de-friend and re-friend us, we will know. Be sure to mention that you are friending us for this contest so we know to enter you! Good for 2 entries per site you friend us on.
9. Stumble, Digg or share the post with any social networking sites. There is a button right at the end of this post that says “Share” that you can use. Good for 1 entry.
10. Twitter and ask your friends to re-tweet the URL for this event. http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=3064. You can do this once a day for the entries, just come back and post the link to your tweet here. Good for 4 entries per tweet.
11. Add Jeaniene’s website to your blog roll or links page:http://frost-light.livejournal.com/ Good for 2 entries.
12. Add Bitten by Books to your blog roll or links page: http://bittenbybooks.com if you leave our link up permanently you will always be entered into our contests automatically. Just be sure to stop by each contest we hold and leave the link to where it is so we can give you your entry! Good for 1 entry.
13. Email ALL of your friends and invite them to come by the contest and post too! If your fiends come and post here and say you sent them, they get TWO entries and you get FOUR entries per person who comes and tells us your name! They have to tell us who you are so we know who to give the entries to. You can invite as many people as you want and get all the extra entries!
14. Join the The Blood Bank the Bitten by Books Community here: http://bittenbybooks.ning.com/ then come back here and post to tell us your username. Be sure to post something about yourself on your blog at The Blood Bank. Good for 5 entries.
GENERAL CONTEST IFORMATION:
The contests end on 12/20/08 at 11:59 pm PST and all winners will be contacted by the following Monday. You will receive your prize directly from the publisher, please be aware that it may take them some time to send them out due to the holidays. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME as well as a valid email where we can contact you. You CAN enter the contest on any day. So, if you are just finding out about the contest and it is day 3, you can still enter the contest. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning.
IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES:
1. If you aren’t interested in receiving the prize, offered please do not enter the contest.
2. You have THREE days from the day the I contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me, failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re- award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. We have the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to US and Canadian readers only.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations. The prize will be shipped from the publisher.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.