PLEASE NOTE: The contest portion of Anya Bast event is now closed. The winners will be chosen at a later date and contacted via email.
In Cruel Enchantment, the hero, Aeric, has an intense passion for the heroine, Emmaline. At first his passion is distinctively negative and with good reason. Over three hundred years ago, back when the fae were free in the world, Emmaline killed the woman he wanted to marry. When Emmaline re-enters Aeric’s life, he captures her, convinced he wants to take revenge on her for this.
Yet something stops him. Emmaline isn’t the cold-hearted woman he has presumed she would be and even though she admits to the killing, he senses there’s more to the story than she’s telling him. Could it be that all these years he’s never known the full truth about his fiancée’s death? To top it off, he’s attracted to Emmaline. There’s something about her that fascinates and draws him to her.
Aeric’s already passionate nature is soon inflamed by Emmaline’s presence and his negative feelings toward her become fiery and near uncontrollable. Emmaline also has trouble resisting Aeric. After all, he’s the man she’s loved for centuries. Try as she might to hold herself away from him, she just can’t do it.
I love it when my characters have this emotional, dramatic energy in their relationship. It doesn’t always work this way with the characters I create. Oddly, bringing fictional characters together is a lot like observing a true life couple. Sometimes they have chemistry, sometimes not. Aeric and Emmaline have chemistry in spades, explosive chemistry. I really enjoyed spinning their tale and I hope you enjoy reading it.
Excerpt from Cruel Enchantment
He moved closer and her whole body stiffened. “So we’ve established that you killed Aileen and you’re lying about the circumstances to save your pretty ass. We’ve also established that I’m unable to kill you. The only question that remains is how I should make you pay.”
His gaze raked her up and down and his body reacted. His too big clothing hid her curves, but he’d had enough of a tantalizing glimpse of them during her shower to let his imagination run wild.
The very last thing he should be doing right now was remember the way her body looked behind that frosted glass. It was almost worse than having her naked. The image behind the shower door hinted at lush breasts—an overflowing handful—a narrow waist that flared into a generous, curvy bottom, and shapely legs.
He wanted to find out for sure, using his hands and maybe his tongue, too.
He’d brutally suppressed the urge before, tamping down the attraction he felt for her because it wasn’t right. Now, in the violent wake of what Emmaline had told him and his subsequent confusion over whether or not it was true—all that want came rushing back at him. It didn’t matter that it was horribly misplaced.
And damned if he could remember why he shouldn’t give in to it.
* * * * *
He was looking at her without anger in his eyes for once.
Okay, maybe there was a little anger in his eyes, but she had the feeling that the anger—for whatever mystical and unbelievable reason—wasn’t directed at her, but at himself. And anger wasn’t the only thing in his expression right now; there was hunger, too.
And that was all for her.
Her heart thudded so fast and so hard she thought it might break her ribs. What the hell? His behavior had changed so quickly she practically had whiplash.
“Aeric?” she whispered. She wasn’t even aware his name had slipped past her lips until it was out there. She didn’t know what to do with this sudden turn of events . . . although her body sure seemed to know. Her mind was awhirl with confusion, but the rest of her was quite aware that the man she’d wanted and fantasized about for so long was inches away from her . . . and seemed to actually want her back.
“Fuck,” he growled, bracing his hand on the wall right near her ear and moving closer to her. “This is not a good thing.”
“No.” She licked her lips—a nervous habit she’d had since she was a kid, no matter what guise she used. “This is not a good thing for either of us.”
His mouth almost brushed hers when he spoke. Her body flared to life, singing to almost painful arousal. Her nipples leapt to hard little points and she ached between her thighs. This man seemed to either terrify her, piss her off, or plunge her straight into animalistic heat.
His voice was a low growl, laced with anger. “I should chain you to my bed in charmed iron and take my revenge that way.”
She closed her eyes, her breath shuddering out of her. “I wouldn’t object.”
His eyes narrowed like a hunter’s sighting prey—and, boy, was she ever. Wounded, limping prey at that. She had no chance. “Don’t you have any shame?” he asked in a low, harsh voice.
“Not where you’re concerned. I never have.”
He eased her against him and dropped his mouth to her throat. Goose bumps erupted all over her skin. He nipped her flesh and then licked the small hurt. As though he wanted to punish her, but couldn’t make himself do it…..
Feel free to ask me any questions you’d like. I’ll be around today to answer them.
And I have a question for you too: The word that best describes Cruel Enchantment is passion. I’m passionate about many things in my life—my family, my writing, my spirituality and living lightly on the Earth. What are some things you’re passionate about?
•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆
Learn more about Anya Bast here:
Read reviews of the author’s work here.
Yahoo groups — (discussion loop) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SilverPurr/?yguid=197939285
Fan Pages — http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20146095966
•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆
Prize 1: Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi (Open to readers in the US)
Prize 2: 1 winner will receive the four books in the Elemental Witches series & Wicked Enchantment, all autographed. (Open to readers WORLDWIDE)
READ THIS ~ READ THIS ~ READ THIS
The Contest Entry rules have changed so read them carefully
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR COUNTRY in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, none of your entries will count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Answer Anya’s questions. Good for 10 + entries per question.
3. Order copies of Anya’s new book Cruel Enchantment by using the links below.
Good for 150 + entries per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases.
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. You can also use the Amazon link HERE to shop as well. Good for 100 + entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase. Not valid on past purchases.
4. Make an actual blog POST on your BLOG and invite your readers about this event and use this is the live link to link back to this event: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=302672 and this picture of the book. Come back and tell us where you shared. + 125 entries
5. Twitter this phrase exactly: PzRT: @anyabast Release Party/Chat/Contest LIVE NOW: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=30267 #BBBCruelEnchantment #kindle + #books #amazon
10+ Entries per tweet (max 3)
6. Attend and comment at Catherine Bybee’s Event Today for a chance to win Amazon Gift Cards here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=30373 + 50 points
7. Attend and comment at Jory Strong’s Event Today for a chance to win a $50.00 Amazon Gift Card here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=30374 + 50 points
8. Other fun stuff to do while you are here! +5 entries for each of these you do.
Attend and Comment Off the Fang Column and Contest
Attend and comment at the Weekly Book Chat
Attend and comment at the Weekly Poll
Attend and comment at Screen Bites
9. Tally Your own points total 1 + Entries
Also be SURE to check out our amazing line up of other author events this month here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?page_id=4
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
The contest ends on 9/17/10 at 11:59 pm Central and the winner will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the author. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND COUNTRY as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have FIVE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are shipped directly from the publisher unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry