PLEASE NOTE: The contest portion of the Carrie Vaughn event is now closed. A winner will be chosen at a later date and contacted via email.
Hello, and thanks for stopping by the release party for Kitty Goes to War, the eighth book in the series about a werewolf named Kitty who hosts a talk radio advice show. She’s come a long way — from bottom of the pecking order to leader of the pack, from awkwardly single to happily married. She’s made a lot of friends (and enemies) and faced a lot of trouble along the way. And she’s not done yet. I’m so pleased that I still have more stories to tell about this character. I’d heard writers talk about characters taking over the story and demanding that they be written about, but I didn’t really understand that until Kitty came along.
One of my pet projects in writing the series has been to explore what some of these supernatural goings-on would look like in the real world, which led me to a subject that’s hugely relevant in the U.S. right now: war veterans returning home and trying to adjust. In a supernatural world, of course there’d be werewolves serving in the military. In so many ways they’d be ideal soldiers — perfect hunters with killer instincts, nearly invulnerable. But what happens when these werewolf soldiers try to come home? They’ve spent months giving in to the violent natures of their wolf sides — can they ever listen to their human sides again? That’s what Kitty finds out in her new adventure.
The prize I’m offering is an iPod shuffle pre-loaded with all the Kitty playlists (one for each book) currently in existence (including the ninth one — I haven’t even announced the title to the book yet!). Kitty started out as a late-night radio DJ, so music is a big part of her life, and a big part of my writing — I always have something playing in the background. It seems appropriate to share the love.
Thank you to everyone who’s been reading the books and keeping up with the series, and I hope you enjoy the latest installment. Stay tuned, because more adventures are on the way.
What’s your favorite song (right now)? Do you have a favorite song from the Kitty playlists? (I like “Train in Vain” by the Clash and “Crush Story” by Too Much Joy)
•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆
Read Reviews of her work here.
To visit the author’s website go here.
To visit the author’s blog go here.
•¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆ •¸¸.•*¨*•☆
CONTEST INFO: Open to readers WORLDWIDE!
Prizes: A 2 GB iPod shuffle that she will pre-load with all the Kitty playlists, including the one for book 9, which she’s just finished.
1. LEAVE YOUR FIRST NAME AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME in your comment/post so we can give you the proper credit for your entries. Mandatory, if you don’t leave this, none of your entries will count. It is NOT mandatory to make a purchase to be entered into the contest.
2. Answer at least ONE of Carrie’s Questions and or ask her some questions, please make sure they aren’t duplicates. Good for 10 entries per question. (Max 3 good towards entries)
3. Order copies of Carrie’s new book Kitty Goes to War by clicking the links below.
From Amazon click here.
From Barnes & Noble click here.
Good for 500 entries per book you purchase by using the links above. Email your receipt to the prize Goddess here bittenbybooks.contests @ gmail.com (no spaces). Not valid on past purchases.
OR you can use the Barnes & Noble link HERE to make your purchase of ANY kind of merchandise during the contest. You can also use the Amazon link HERE to shop as well. Good for 100 entries to the contest for EACH item you purchase. Not valid on past purchases.
4. Spread the word about this event and invite everybody you know by using the new Share Buttons below at the bottom of the post to tell your friends about this contest and come back and tell us where you shared. This is the live link to the event: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=26914 if you don’t know how to use either of those functions. Good for 25 entries per place you post the event link.
While you are here today, please be sure to stop by the Bernita Harris event here http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=26909
RSVP to Linda Robertson’s event here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=26768
RSVP to Nicole Peelers KINDLE CONTEST here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=26834
Go here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=26735 For more than 45 FREE books
Read this week’s Column and comment here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=26796
Vote in this week’s poll here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=26888
good for 25 entries per each one you do.
RULES AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
The contest ends on 6/29/10 at 11:59 pm Central and the winners will be contacted via email. You will receive your prize directly from the authors. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning. PLEASE ALLOW THIRTY DAYS to receive your prize BEFORE EMAILING US.
1. Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
2. You have FIVE days from the day the we contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. Bitten by Books has the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers in the USA except where noted above. The prizes are shipped directly from the publisher unless otherwise noted.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry